The Mission of The Pinnacle Schools, Inc. is to develop adolescents who are self-directed, educated and contributing members of society.
To support this mission, we resolve to provide an environment of respect, acceptance, skill development and challenge which fosters the personal development and emotional growth of our students. We are one component of a continuum of growth for struggling teens and their families.
The Pinnacle Schools (TPS) was founded in the spring of 2005, by a group of caring professionals committed to providing effective and affordable high quality services for troubled teens and their families. All programs of The Pinnacle Schools are accredited in Behavioral Health Care by The Joint Commission. Joint Commission accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization's commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
Programs of The Pinnacle Schools include:
- Pinnacle Private Academy - A private year-round middle and high school in Huntsville, AL that provides an accredited online academic program for students that struggle in a traditional classroom setting. Highly qualified and state certified teachers provide one-on-one assistance in the classroom.
- The Pinnacle Schools RAISE Program - The alternative school for middle and high school students of Huntsville City Schools.
- Elk River Treatment Program (ERTP) - Therapeutic intervention program that provides diagnostic, assessment and treatment services on a base campus. ERTP is an outdoor residential program for boys and girls ages 12 - 18. For more information, please visit Elk River Treatment Program.
- Elk River Transitions - Individualized Transitional Program for graduates of ERTP. Transitions offers a flexible length of stay up to one year. For more information, please visit Elk River Treatment Program.
- Elk River Healthy Lifestyles - A residential teen weight management program that focuses on nutrition and positive behaviors while building self-esteem. For more information, please visit Elk River Treatment Program.